WFIE is seeking an energetic News Photographer to join our team. To provide support to the producers of the newscasts in a timely and professional manner. May include gathering news facts through interviews, editing of video including reporter packages, live remotes with and without a reporter. Drive station vehicles. Occasional duties may include creating and updating content or providing live updates through social media on the scene of breaking news. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. Hours for the position are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6:30PM. Candidate will be expected to adjust schedule when station staffing limitations require it. Produce top-quality video as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Good sight and hearing, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to routinely lift and move approximately 50 pounds
- Familiarity with social media and ability to fill in as the back-up newscast editor as needed
- High degree of journalistic integrity and professionalism
- Proven ability to work well with other people and to work under pressure of a deadline
- Indoor and outdoor work in a variety of weather as well as considerable amount of time driving requires use, lifting and moving of cameras, audio equipment, broadcast lighting equipment, tripods, newsroom computers with dual screens, and live pack gear.
- Requires training, use, and annual certification on all of WFIE remote live trucks
- 2 years at a broadcast station, as a new photographer
- Reporting experience a plus, remote experience desirable as well as editing skills
Come join our dynamic team, If you feel you’re qualified, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references